Quinoa is a grain that contains essential amino acids lysine, calcium, phosphorus, and iron. It is a great substitute for rice.
- 136 calories, 6g fat, 16 carbs, 2g fiber, 5 g protein (per serving)
- Ingredients (serves 4)
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ large onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toast on a skillet on medium heat until golden brown, 2 min)
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Bring quinoa and broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; cover; simmer until quinoa absorbs liquid (15 min)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown (6min)
- When quinoa is done fluff with a fork and transfer to serving bowl. Stir in onion, pine nuts and parsley. Season with salt and pepper
Comments are closed.